Friday, October 4, 2013

Herbal Tonic Rinse for Your Hair and Scalp


I have been experimenting with herbal rinses for the last several weeks and must say that I truly love the results.  Beautiful and healthy hair depends on a healthy scalp.  Herbal rinses are great for every hair type.  They are very simple to make and add extra nutrition that nourish the scalp, while adding to your hair's natural vitality.  Another added benefit is the shine, conditioning effect and healthy appearance they provide to your hair. 

Comfrey for instance, has a conditioning effect on the hair and scalp, as it is rich in an extract, allantoin, that helps to encourage natural cellular regeneration.  Calendula soothes the scalp and is an excellent rinse for hair.  Horsetail is rich in silica and is a traditional remedy used to restore vitality and shine to lackluster hair.    Rosemary is a shine booster and encourages hair growth.

One of my favorite combinations (and the one shown above and to the left) is that of nettle, rosemary, chamomile, calendula and horsetail.


Instructions:
1) I infused my selected herbs with 2 cups of boiling water in a bowl. 
2) I then allowed the herbs to stand and cool for  about 20 minutes, then strained.  Instead of discarding the herbs you can use them in your compost. 
3)I added the strained liquid to my scalp as I used my frizzy hair shampoo bar.  (If you use liquid shampoo you can add the liquid to your liquid shampoo up to a maximum ratio of 50 percent.  Remember that the more you add, the thinner the shampoo will be).
4) I used the excess infusion as a final rinse.

This herbal hair tonic can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment